I'm a somewhat slightly substantiated writer who is new to blogging. Let's see how this works.

Sunday

Free Online Plagiarism Checker

Now that I've got your attention...

I've searched extensively for something that's reliable and free. There's no such animal (unless you have info with which to enlighten me?) 

Grammar sites offer a limited number of free searches before requiring that you upgrade to a paid service. Copy writing sites offer free plag checks but they're calibrated so that ALL the content you check is bad, creating an opening for them to plug their writing services. I found one site that highlighted SINGLE WORDS as being plagiarized. Heaven help us all.

Enter www.copyscape.com

This is a legitimate plagiarism checker used by content providers, and no - it's not free - but it's very affordable. You purchase a credit and their fee is deducted from your credit each time you conduct a  search.

An editor I write for suggested Copyscape as a solution to the futile rewrite angst I was experiencing at the hands of a free checker on a copy writing site (that was accusing me of plagiarizing single words). <-- Read that again.

I've been using Copyscape since. Check it out


No comments:

Post a Comment